Grab your flower crowns, fringe & boho booties. It’s Coachella season. If you’re amongst the 125,000 people that will be making there way to Indio, California for one of the biggest music festivals in the world, this post will help you get organized and plan what to pack for a weekend of music and mayhem.
Read on for The Ultimate Guide to What to Pack for Coachella Music Festival, including tips to help you survive the weekend!
Plan your Outfits for Each Festival Day
It is so important to plan your outfits ahead of time so you aren’t bringing a million random pieces, only to arrive and find none of them fit together. With so much craziness packed into one weekend, the last thing you want to worry about is having something to wear. Start visiting vintage and thrift stores and looking on Pinterest for some outfit inspiration. Below I’ve outlined some festival staples to get your brain into Coachella mode.
Coachella Fashion Staples:
- Lace/Sheer top
- Denim shorts
- Boho skirt
- Boho dresses
- Graphic Tee’s
- Sweater or flannel (Believe it or not, it gets chilly at night!!)
Pool Party/Day time Outfits
(Aka loungin’ around nursing your hangover trying to pump yourself up for another round..)
- Bikini’s & Cover-ups
- Cut-offs & T-shirts
- Light dresses
- Comfy clothes for trips to In-N-Out or Starbucks for that much needed caffeine hit
- Baseball Hat
- Boho/Statement Necklace
- Tons of rings
- Head/Body chains
- Round sunglasses
- Boho bag
- Double belt buckle belt
- Comfortable shoes like flat booties or Converse
- Boho Boots
- Sandals for everyday use (I don’t recommend open toed shoes for the festival!!)
It’s important to bring a bag that isn’t going to be restrictive for dancing and moving around in. There’s nothing like a clunky clutch you have to carry around all day to cramp your style. Depending on what you are bringing into the festival each day, I’d suggest one of the following:
- Small Cross Body Bag
- Fanny pack (Ya, I said it.)
- Backpack (If you’re going with girlfriends, consider bringing one backpack and taking turns holding it. That way you can put all of your belongings in it and the others can be hands-free)
What to pack into Coachella:
- Collapsible water bottle
- Peppermint halo essential oil
- Cash/credit cards
- Light sweater
Food & Drink
As a vegetarian and festival veteran, I always pack or purchase the following to recoup my energy during the 3 day festival:
- Kashi/Granola Bars
- Protein Powder
- VegeGreen Powder (This will ensure you are still getting the proper vitamins and nutrients that would be otherwise depleted during the 3 days)
- Vitamins (B12, C, Probiotic)
- Carbs for late night snacks (Bagels, pizza etc)
- Paediatric Electrolyte/Gatorade – Hello hangover saving grace
Personal Pharmacy Kit with:
- Emergen- C packets
- Essentail Oil Rollers
- Ear plugs (especially if you’re camping!)
- Eye Mask
- Allergy Medicine (There can be a lot of dust/allergens in the desert air in April, so if you are sensitive, definitely bring something for allergies!)
Hygiene & Beauty Products
- Hand Sanitzer
- Lip Balm
- Cool Mist Facial Spray
- Make-up – Try to keep it as light as possible, especially if it’s a really hot day. BB Creams and a little bronzer go a long way! Skip the eye make up and just throw on some fake eyelashes so you can sweat the day away without worry (or consider getting eyelash extensions for a totally hassle free vacation)
It can get really dusty and dry at the festival, so the following can come in handy:
- Wet Wipes
- Aloe Vera – That desert sun is powerful!! Even when there is a little cloud coverage, you can still burn.
- Bandaids – Always great to have on hand, and will be a blessing if you wear the wrong shoes and need to cover blisters!
- Hair Elastics – Pack extra because you know you’ll lose at least half of them
- Scrunchies – Great for poolside hangs and can be really cute in an updo for the final day of the festival when you’re tired of doing your hair (or when those desert winds decide to pick up..)
- Fujifilm Instax for fun keepsakes
- Point and Shoot Camera – Detachable lens cameras are not permitted on Coachella grounds
- Portable Speaker – Will exponentially improve your poolside vibes & getting ready experience
- Portable Phone Charger – With so many people concentrated in one area, your phone will be working overtime to try to establish a signal. That, combined with the sweltereing heat will mean drained batteries.
- Iphone Charger – Everyone in your crew should bring one!
- Kindle – For quieter mornings at the pool. While Coachella is all about the music, lots of energy and party time, it can be nice to slowdown and regroup before another crazy day of drinking and dancing. Bring something to mellow you out in the mornings
Heading to the festival this year? I hope this summary of what to pack for Coachella has been helpful! Leave a comment with any questions! I know the area quite well so I may be able to help!
Spending a few extra days in Palm Springs?