The Ultimate Guide to Canggu, Bali
This Ultimate Guide to Canggu outlines everything and anything you will need to plan your trip, and will help you decide where to go, what to do, where to eat, and where to drink too many tequila shots. Check out the links below to skip to your favorite parts, or read on to check out the whole guide to Canggu.
I highly recommend saving this ultimate guide to Canggu in your phone to look back on during your trip. This quick guide will come in handy when you are deciding how to plan your day, week, month, (or EVEN YOUR YEAAAARR.. I’ll be there for . . . okay I’m done).
Getting There + Transportation
To + from the Denpasar airport:
My recommendation: Take a taxi. Bluebird is the most reputable taxi service, just look for the blue bird. (Cost: around 300,000-350,000 Rupiah in rush hour, around $20-$25 USD)
Go-Jek app or Uber, or hire driver through accommodation
During your stay in Canggu:
Rent a scooter! This is the best way to explore, but can be intimidating to some. Get to know the area first before renting. (Average price for a scooter rental in Canggu: $5 a day or $65 for a month)
If you’re not comfortable riding a scooter, use the go-jek app or hire private cars/taxi
Best Bike Rentals:
The best place to look for accommodation in Canggu is definitely their Canggu Community Facebook page. This is such a great resource for everything and anything Canggu related, so if you decide to stick around for awhile (most people do after spending a few days here), this is something you’ll want to check out. It offers great villa options and you can find some great deals while meeting some cool people while you’re at it.
Things to do in Canggu:
- Best surf school in Canggu: Lolak Surf School
Best Beach Clubs in Canggu:
- Best Beaches in Canggu are Canggu Beach, Echo Beach, Berawa Beach
Explore Balinese Temples
- Tanah Lot, Ubud Water Palace, Tama Soekasada Ujung
- to Ubud, Seminyak, Sanur, Uluwatu
Best Places to Eat in Canggu:
Overall Favorites for brunch, lunch or dinner
- Nook – Amazing jungle-esque decor set in the rice fields. Delicious local and western cuisine, fresh fruit smoothies, good whole foods
- La Baracca – Italian restaurant owned by Italian expats. Wood fired pizza and decent wine (something that is fairly hard to find on the island)
- The Shady Shack – Amazing brunch, lunch and dinner with healthy noms. Great for vegetarians.
Best sushi in Canggu:
Best smoothie bowls in Canggu:
Best Vegan Restaurants in Canggu
Best coffee in Canggu:
Best Remote Work spaces (with good wifi and food):
- Joshua District (good food, coffee, drink and best view)
- Coffee ’n’ Oven
- The Savage Kitchen
Best Coworking space in Canggu:
Best Sunset spots in Canggu
Going out in Canggu:
Most Instagrammable places in Canggu:
I did it for the gram’ – Check out these accounts on Instagram before you go to get some inspiration for photos you’d like to take! Make sure to tag them in your photos! You may get featured on their account 🙂 The photo opportunities are endless:
- The Lawn
- La Laguna
- La Sicilia (Denpasar.. amazing Italian food and cocktails)
- The Slow
- Old Man’s
- Great locations for photos are of course the iconic Balinese rice terraces, temples, and sunrise and sunset at the beaches
Best Shopping in Canggu:
- Bali Balance for souvenirs like jasmine incense, coconut oil or essential oils
- Deux Ex Machina – (fun place to hang out as well, they have backyard parties on Sundays)
- Sunday Bazaar at Love Anchor – favourites include Love Anchor, Triple Eight Gallery, Fine Line Jewelry by Katahati
- Walk the beach roads of Batu Bolong, Batu Mejan aka Echo Beach, and Berawa. Here you’ll find everything from jewelry, beach essentials, surf gear and typical Balinese souvenirs.
- Favorite stores: Bali Tailor, the happiness journey bali, Jane Doe store (vintage clothing), Limited Edition, The Offering
Best Workout spots in Canggu:
Exercise while traveling can be daunting, and more often than not, is put on the back burner while we stuff our faces with local food and drink the night away one Bintang at a time. If you are feeling ambitious, here are the best places to get a work-out in in Canggu:
- Bali Fit
- Finn’s Recreation (formerly Canggu Club) – Day pass in peak time: 250,000 each/ Off Peak Fitness Pass – 150,000 each
I hope this Ultimate Guide to Canggu was helpful and informative! Canggu is rapidly becoming one of Bali’s major hotspots for travel. Watch out for that Canggu charm, it’ll get ya!
All I can say is, don’t have too many plans set in stone after your trip to Canggu, you may never want to leave.
Thinking about going to Canggu? Tell me all about it! Ask me questions, share your experiences! I want to hear from you! Any favorites I missed? Let me know 🙂