As the leaves begin to change and that familiar chill begins to fill the air, it’s time to replace patio hangs with cozy cocktail bars. Vancouver has some of the best restaurants in North America, and with that comes talented bartenders and creative, eclectic cocktail menus. As a cocktail connoisseur myself, I’ve definitely done my research when it comes to where to get the best dirty martini, negroni, margarita, whiskey sou..okay, you get the point. It wasn’t a hardship, but someone had to do it. Here are the best places to grab a drink in Vancouver, with quick links to their websites. I have placed an * next to the places that have incredible food as well. Feel free to message me on Instagram if you have a favorite cocktail and I can direct you to the best spot for that particular drink. Cheers!
- Guilt and Co – Fun spot with live music, games and swing dancing!
- Diamond – Trendy, dimly lit, great food, even better drinks
- Clough Club – Get the Apiary and thank me later. My favorite cocktail bar in Vancouver.
- Revel Room – Great live music on Saturday nights
- Pourhouse* – Super cozy. The bartenders really take their time with the cocktails. It’s worth the wait!
- Wildebeest* – Lovely atmosphere, good food and a cool space. The basement is available to rent out.
- Hawksworth – Fancier bar attached to the iconic Hotel Georgia
- Pac Rim Lobby Bar – Some of the best people-watching in the city and great live music. Expensive, but such a fun place to go after dinner.
- Botanist – A very unique dining experience with creative cocktails that even feature dry ice and instagrammable unveilings.
- Nightingale* – One of my favorite restaurants in the city! The food is meant to be shared family-style and the drinks and wine list are perfect.
- Boulevard – Attached to the Sutton Place hotel. Great place to pop in after shopping at Pac Centre or Robson Street.
- Reflections – Rooftop bar where locals go to see and be seen. So fun during the holiday season as they decorate the entire patio and feature festive drinks. Another pricey spot but worth it for the atmosphere.
- Opus Bar – Small bar but a great place on Wednesdays for live music, or to come for a drink when waiting for a table at a nearby Yaletown restaurant. I love coming in for a drink while waiting for a table at Rodney’s Oyster House.
- Distillery – Large space with loud music and craft cocktails. I sometimes find it hard to converse in here because it’s rather loud (I sound like an old lady but it’s true). Cocktails are great though.
- The Greek* – Order the taramosalata and a round of drinks. I love the White Negroni, their twist on the classic, or the sangria with more soda and less juice.
- Banter Room – Jalapeño margarita anyone?!
- Parlour* – Just an excuse to get a pizza with 6’10 sauce. I love their coconut marg or caesars on Sundays.
- Westoak – Trendy spot with a popular lounge (Pierre’s) in the back.
- El Guapo – New Mexican restaurant in Yaletown with authentic margaritas and good vibes
- Annalena* – Such a cute date night spot! Make a reservation. Negronis are on point.
- Maenam – Trendy thai place with great cocktails.
- Lucky taco – Again, can never have too many margaritas, right?! Don’t answer that.
- Grapes and Soda – Fun little spot on a quiet side street in Kits. Go to a movie at Burrard and 5th theatre (Adults only and they serve alcohol) and then head to Grapes and Soda for a few snacks and cocktails.
- Oddfish* – Sit at the bar and grab a cocktail or two and some fresh seafood dishes.
- Keefer – A narrow dimly-lit bar in trendy Chinatown. They specialize in gin cocktails, but all their cocktails are good (and strong). They usually have live music, so check the schedule on the website. Definitely one of the best cocktail bars in Vancouver, in my opinion.
- Calabash* – Order a dark and stormy and thank me later.
- Juniper – Another popular spot for gin cocktails.
- Mamie Taylor’s – Love sitting at the bar here and having a few drinks. There are so many good restaurants in the area (including Mamie’s) so spend an entire evening popping around to a few.
- Kissa Tanto* – One of the best restaurants in Canada. They are known for their food but their cocktail list is so unique. Highly recommend a reso.
- The Narrow – Very hard to find, just look for the autobody shops and the small red light. There is a secret patio out back if you visit during warmer months, but during the winter this cozy dark bar is just what the doctor ordered.
- The Cascade Room – Love the energy of this spot. Always fun no matter what day of the week.
- Shameful Tiki Room – Strong rum-based drinks in a quirky space full of bamboo, volcanos and tiki torches. It’s like Rainforest café, but for drunk adults.
- Boxcar – Laidback bar located in the Cobalt hotel. This is where Deadpool bar scenes were filmed. Lots of live shows.
- Tocador – Cuban inspired spot with great decor and fancy cocktails. They also offer rum flights with some of Cuba’s finest.
- The Projection Room – Tiny little spot tucked above the Fox Cabaret
- Nomad – Industrial-chic restaurant featuring sustainable food and craft cocktails.
- Anh and Chi* – Vietnamese inspired cocktails. Beautiful space and delicious food if you want to eat as well.
Alright, I think it’s time to get your drink on. Let me know if you head to any of these spots and what you think! Would love to hear from you.
Visiting Vancouver? Here are some helpful guides: